When collaborating around openings, many projects use the same door schedule that is included in the construction document set when collaborating on openings. Others prefer to have a separate schedule, as using Overtur can provide many more pieces of information and be beneficial for all project collaborators. Each firm and each project is unique, therefore the choice of what to share is up to each individual.
Here are some attributes that can guide the selection of door hardware and align with building requirements. This list is not exhaustive, but it offers a reasonable starting point. Every project is unique and will have its own specific needs.
- Door Number
- Room Name
- Users may provide this according to their discretion; provide associated room information*
- Door Dimensions (ideally in separate columns, where possible)
- Users may provide this according to their discretion, this is often a general note
- Fire Rating (door assembly)
- Door Material**
- Frame Material**
- Head, Jamb, and any other specialty construction needs
- Remarks or Comments**
- Building or Area
- Especially when multiple buildings are within the project
*Note to Revit Users: The Overtur for Revit Plugin can gather the "To Room" and "From Room" names automatically if those parameters are within the door families. Autodesk's Knowledge Network article: Adjust the "From Room" and "To Room" Calculation for Doors and Windows.
**Please provide a key or legend for any abbreviations