Allegion Overtur for Revit Plugin v3.1.0825.15
This is an archived article and is not the most up-to-date source of information. While the information presented was accurate at the time of publication, it may have become outdated since then. Therefore, we advise readers to exercise caution when using this article as a starting point and to seek out reliable and current sources of information.
We recommend using this article as a starting point. With that said, we recommend using the link below for the most up-to-date information.
This document was last updated on 25 August 2021
- All versions of Overtur for Revit 3.1.x.x are currently supported and active
- The most current version of Overtur for Revit available for public use is 3.1.0825.15
- Release 25 August 2021
The Overtur for Revit Plugin assists users by providing an easy means to transfer door schedule data, supporting drawings, and documents to a project within the Overtur collaboration web-based environment.
Once installed, the plugin will provide an Overtur contextual tab menu to the Revit interface. The plugin allows a user to send door schedule data to Overtur. Upon completion of generating hardware set values within the Overtur Cloud collaboration platform. The Revit user can retrieve these hardware set values to populate a user-selected or pre-defined hardware set parameter within the active model.
This plugin is compatible with Revit 2019 - 2022. Additionally, Overtur for Revit is compatible with numerous collaboration workflows, including BIM360.
Often, software update processes can differ between companies. Therefore, we highly recommend before installing any software or even an update to existing software; that your local IT Specialist reviews our literature, or in some cases, they need to perform the installation process. We at Allegion recognize these situations and continue to strive to supply clarity when you need to update our technologies. Allegion provides an [EXE] and [MSI] method of the latest Overtur for Revit Plugin (version 3.1.x.x), links to both installation methods, as well as other helpful information, can be found in our Installation Guide. If applicable, please share this link with your IT specialist or BIM Staff. Please, check the installation guide for the best practices.
Overtur Add-in for Revit is compatible with the latest versions of Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, running Revit Versions 2019-2021.
Compatible Versions of Revit
Revit 2018 limited compatibility
Not compatible with Revit LT
Non-supported versions of Revit
Revit 2018-earlier and prior versions, consistent with Autodesk requirements.
Supported OS & DotNet
Refer to Revit minimum entry-level configuration requirements.
Revit 2022 System requirements
Latest Features & Enhancements
The latest version of Overtur for Revit includes the listed items below. We appreciate feedback, as we are always making improvements based on user input.
- Added functionality for Revit 2022 compatibility.
- Updated installation procedures. (future improvements planned)
- Re-Imagined the overall workflow of the ‘SEND’ process, using native Revit functionality.
- Updated the Help Menu to the latest interface design.
- Added the Allegion web page link. (w/ links to Brands)
- Disabled icons if a user is not logged into Overtur.
- Highlighting selected parameters within schedule during Retrieve.
- Improved functionality for Curtain Wall panels is found to be in a linked model.
- Minor interface improvements.
- Performance enhancements.
- Minor bug fixes
- Improved print processing (no PDF driver support needed, using native Revit functionality).
- Retrieve, highlighting of the selected parameter when a schedule is an active schedule during the Retrieve process.
- Overtur icon, to open active project if the model is associated with an Overtur project.
- Revit closes un-expectantly, upon the initial opening of a model, or after a few minutes of being opened. An unexpected error log is generated and submitted to Overtur, user assumes Overtur causes Revit to close un-expectantly when another processor installed our app would cause the resulting error.
- Corrected when the ‘Update Available’ message occurs.
- Increased size of the Red Dot indicators when applicable.
- SEND - resolved processing when larger images are encountered.
- SEND - resolved situation when multiple title block instances are found within the same Sheet definition.
- SEND - resolved Print failure, causing drawings to not be submitted to Overtur.
- SEND - resolved sheet printing when views are placed outside of the title-block area.
- SEND - Resolved invalid elements of CW panels that are not currently visible within a linked model.
- SEND - Resolved PDF files generation but not being submitted to Overtur. Required longer transfer time window.
- SEND - PDF files are automatically divided into multiple files no larger than 250 MB each, before being sent to Overtur.
- RETRIEVE - resolved highlighting parameter column selected, not to change the formatting of a column within the schedule. (i.e. Line-styles, font, color, etc.)
- User Closes Overtur, after initiating submitting data to Overtur, resulting in Revit hanging, and would become unresponsive.
- RDR, Unassigned door Mark Numbers not appearing in the door data list.
- Resolved when conflicting DLLs are found being used by additional user-installed addins.
- Resolved conflicts with Enscape, causing Revit to crash.
- Authentication app domain no longer requires Auth0 to be Whitelisted by a virus protection application.
- Authentication error appears after users select the Close ‘X’.
Parameter requirements when Retrieving the Hardware Set values.
Recommended to be defined as a Shared Parameter
Recommended to be defined as a Shared Parameter. Simple Project parameters can be used, refer to Autodesk Revit documentation.
vary per company standards/requirements
Type of Parameter
An instance or Type Parameter
(Values can vary by group instance)
Group parameter under:
vary per company standards
Tooltip Description (recommendation):
Hardware Set values can be populated by the Overtur for REVIT plugin for coordination purposes or can be edited manually per each door instance.
Email questions or comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other installed Revit add-ins may need to be updated as Overtur4Revit is designed to be compatible with the latest updates as provided by Autodesk API Libraries.
Overtur for Revit will be compatible with the latest version of Revit available, including hotfixes, which could require a Revit update to be installed.